Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year

Posting from the lovely and beautious Anne's in Logan Square in Chi-town on New Year's Eve.

Here I sit in my beautiful party dress
My life an utter mess
But as the clock ticks down by frown flips upside down
Because I get to start all over again - literally

(Let's hope this year I don't fuck it up so badly)

Ground rules for new year:
First - No more dating men who are nice enought to pack all my stuff up for me (while I'm away on active duty playing Army) making me homeless on Christmas.

Second - "No more Mister nice guy." The gloves are off and I'm going to do some serious smack-down in 2007 (ya, we all know that's a pipe dream, ha. I'm just not capable of being mean this is why men pack all my stuff and make me homeless on Christmas. What in the hell is wrong with me?)

Ok, the list not going so well.

I need another drink ...

(One martini later)

Ok. So, I guess the real spiele is I just need to be more careful who I go giving my stuff, like my heart and all, to. This is the lesson I'd be learning if we were in some fable or something, right? Thank goodness I decided to take the first two weeks of the year off - at least I'll have some time to cry like a small child (done), lick my wounds (doing - nice visual) and figure out where I go from here (I'll tackel that tomorrow, maybe).

Let's all hope the next year is a little easier to navigate.

Happy New Year.

No comments: