Friday, June 02, 2006

A desk of her own


A desk of her own
Originally uploaded by olivia cobiskey.

In an exstended essay, A Room of One's Own (1926), Virginia Woolf wrote, "a woman must have money and a room of her own if she is going to write."

I will go one step further I will say she needs a desk of her own. While working on Saturday's A-1 centerpiece on Yard Sales I saw this desk and fell in love. I swooned like an old Victorian woman, I knew it would be perfect for me. But alas it was out of my price range.

I decided to chance it anyway. Isn't anything worthwhile, worth a risk? I offered $100 and apologized that it was all I could afford. The woman holding the yard sale said she would talk to her mother-in-law, who was selling the desk.

Three days later I got my answer, yes. I was so excited. I can't wait to get organized. I'm tired of blogging from the couch, tired of my to-do piles spread throughout the house. Now, I have a chance get my life in order.

I plan on spending hours blogging from this desk, hours writing down my personal thoughts, and reaching out to the people I love.

No comments: