Sunday, September 24, 2006

The last meals

apple bread french toast with syrup, fruity pepples, apple with honey, pizza, two glasses of Blushing Monk beer at Founders.
(I'm a beer mug club member - # 242 - I love numbers that balance out. 2 + 2 = 4, 4/2 = 2 - I love balance in my life."
In the spirit of Rosh Hashanah I have decided to fast until Yom Kippur, next Monday. It'll be a seven day fast. It's a moderate fast - I'm allowed liquid and apples (in the spirit of the New Year celebration).
Traditionally, during the holiday you should meditate and envision what you want your life to look like in the next year.
My mother died soon after I took the job at The Holland Sentinel and since then I really haven't been myself. (I've tried to write about it but it's too soon I guess) I mourned, like an obedient daughter, I sat shiva, I mourned for a year - not going out, celebrating, living a life on mute.
I've been working at The Holland Sentinel for two years and that's a long time ... but I made myself a promise this year that I would start doing things again.
Today I got up early and drove out to Crane Orchards and U-Pick in Fennville to eat breatfast and pick apples - I picked Jonathans, Fuji and Golden Supremes. I went to hear U.S. Rep. Pete Hoekstra, R-Holland, explore the current political situation in the Middle East with an emphasis on Israel. And then I had a couple of beers while exploring website options. (new updates to come soon)
All part of my new future.
I guess what I see for myself in the next year is a stronger, more confident self, who waits for what she deserves, someone who asks for what she deserves, someone who doesn't accepts scrapes. A successful me. A less afraid me. Someone with a good job - a job where I am happy and financial secure enough to buy a house and adopt a child. A future where I am loved.
VAV VAV LAMED
I use this Name to unleash the power of mind over matter, soul over ego, and the spiritual over the physical. My goal is not to renounce the physical world but to eliminate its control over me and become the true captain of my own fate. Everything becomes possible!
I can
I'm doing
I can do anything I set my mind to
I love me
Too an easy fast and to making some tough decisions.

No comments: