Tuesday, May 09, 2006

emails from my father

I open my yahoo account this morning and there is a message from my father with the subject line "Three things to think about."
I figure he's reacting to yesterday's blog post - I figure I'm going to be taken to task by the retireed Navy Master Chief. But then to my surprise I get this.

1. COWS,
2. THE CONSTITUTION,
3. THE TEN COMMANDMENTS.

COWS
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that our government can track a cow born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she sleeps in the state of Washington? And, they tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country. Maybe we should give them all a cow.

THE CONSTITUTION
They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it's worked for over 200 years and we're not using it anymore.

TEN COMMANDMENTS
The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse is you cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery" and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians......

It creates a hostile work environment!

(Snicker, snicker, snicker ...)
Maybe it's the lack of sleep - Chleo, the Korean-kitty - woke me up at like 4 a.m. She had the urge to kneed but can only seem to do that on the couch. So, I trek out to the living room and after 30 minutes of kneeding Chleo is fast asleep, head resting on my hip. Me, I am not so lucky. As is want to happen - the early morning hours are filled with the typos realized, nagging questions, still unanswered and regret.
But my father's email, on the face of it, brought a smile to my face. So, I tried to hold on to that and force my mind to stop reeling and rest.

No comments: